ECRIN open job positions - Project Manager
The European Clinical Research Infrastructure Network (ECRIN, www.ecrin.org), a public research organisation, is currently recruiting a Project Manager – Clinical Research, to be based at its Paris head office.
ECRIN is a not-for-profit, distributed infrastructure. It was awarded the legal status of a European Research Infrastructure Consortium (ERIC) in 2013 based on Council Regulation (EC) N° 723/2009 of 25th June 2009 on the Community legal framework for an ERIC.
ECRIN provides support to the management of multinational clinical research projects in Europe focused on Sponsor’s tasks and responsibilities. ECRIN is based on the connection of national networks of clinical research infrastructures, mainly clinical trial units, having the capacity to manage clinical studies nationally. ECRIN provides information, consultations and services to Sponsors and/or investigators of investigator initiated clinical studies. ECRIN’s involvement covers all activities, from study planning and preparation of grant application, to the set-up and conduct of multinational clinical studies in any disease area. Most of the ECRIN-supported projects are funded by the Horizon 2020 (H2020) Programme of the European Union or by the Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI).
ECRIN also coordinates or participates in infrastructure development projects (in particular on clinical trial data), in various partnerships, international cooperation and strategic initiatives.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of infrastructure development and partnership projects that are allocated to him/her.
The main duties of the ECRIN Project Manager will include the following:
- Coordinating the project(s) and contributing to the work packages and task activities ECRIN is responsible for
- Driving the involvement of relevant internal or external experts to meet the project objectives
- Ensuring that specific pieces of project work under the ECRIN responsibility are implemented and completed successfully in line with planned timelines
- Contributing to internal and external communication related to the projects
- Establishing strong interactions with the project partners
- Contributing if required to the training of ECRIN staff
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of the quality management system, in particular as author/editor of SOPs
- Working on other duties as assigned
- University degree in Health or Life Sciences (PhD level would be a plus)
- Experience in multinational clinical research
- Strong knowledge of the clinical research development process, GCP, local and international regulatory and data protection requirements.
- Complementary knowledge of experimental design, statistics and data management is desirable.
- Extensive experience in project management, in particular EU funded projects (H2020, IMI)
- Good knowledge of the European Research Infrastructures environment
- Experience in operating at European/international level
- Excellent organisational skills, and ability in managing tasks across various functions and projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English (working language)
- Team player
- Computer and software knowledge
The post is under the responsibility of the Operations Director. The Project Manager shall work in close collaboration with the ECRIN Management Office in Paris and the national European Correspondents based in the ECRIN member/observer countries.
The post is a full-time contract according to French law. The salary is set according to European/international standards for similar positions, and will depend on qualifications and experience.
Place of employment: Paris, France, where ECRIN has its Management Office and legal address.
A letter of motivation with a Curriculum Vitae (European format with photo) may be addressed to Mrs Alicja Szofer-Araya (email@example.com).
Deadline to receive applications: 14 February 2020
Expected start date: 1 March 2020
ECRIN is an inclusive, equal opportunity and non-discrimination employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research organisation.
More information on ECRIN at www.ecrin.org